Sartorial inspiration from the band that made polo shirts cool again.
Who gives a fuck about an oxford comma?
Enough people to make Vampire Weekend more than just a blog buzz-band.
Now two albums in (Contra, their second record, came out this week), the New York City foursome haven’t just invaded our iPods—they’ve also influenced they way we dress.
Whether it’s classic polo tees, sun-faded sweaters, or canvas backpacks, it’s a vibe that works as well in the library as it does in the hazy California sun (under which the band recorded Contra).
So yeah, we’ll give a fuck—about the comma, the band, and your outfit. Just don’t forget to wash it all down with a tall glass of horchata...
REBECCA WILLA DAVIS
1. Alexandra Cassaniti Stripe Convertible Tote- $180
2. Ralph Lauren Classic-Fit Polo - $75
3. Deena & Ozzy Two Tone Oxford - $38
4. Alexander Wang Nautical Frill Pullover - $425
5. Patyka Parfum Hesperide Cabochon - $98
6. Levi's 501 Boyfriend Cut Jeans - $79.50
7. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 - $22.50
8. Vampire Weekend Contra - $13.99
I'm finding this way funnier than I should be, considering that I'm currently wearing Jack Purcells and have at least three pairs of boat shoes from the time in high school when Brandon Flowers was my style icon.